Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts independent field audits and investigations of federal income tax returns to verify or amend tax liabilities: Examines selected tax returns to determine nature and extent of audits to be performed.
- 2) Analyzes accounting books and records to determine appropriateness of accounting methods employed and compliance with statutory provisions.
- 3) Investigates documents, financial transactions, operation methods, industry practices and such legal instruments as vouchers, leases, contracts, and wills, to develop information regarding inclusiveness of accounting records and tax returns.
- 4) Confers with taxpayer or representative to explain issues involved and applicability of pertinent tax laws and regulations.
- 5) Investigates and collects federal tax delinquencies.
- 6) Secures taxpayer's agreement to discharge tax assessment or submits contested determination to other administrative or judicial conferees for appeals hearings.
- 7) May participate in informal appeals hearings on contested cases from other agents.
- 8) May serve as member of regional appeals board to reexamine unresolved issues in terms of relevant laws and regulations and be designated Appellate Conferee.
Is being a "REVENUE AGENT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "REVENUE AGENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "REVENUE AGENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "REVENUE AGENT"
Job Number: 8419