Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls retort chamber to cook canned foods according to specifications: Pushes trucks or lowers baskets using hoist, or presses buttons to start conveyorized flow of canned foods into chamber of retort.
- 2) Closes retort door or lid, and turns wheels or moves levers to seal chamber.
- 3) Observes dials and thermometers, and turns valves to admit steam to retort, and control temperature, pressure, and cooking time.
- 4) Turns valves to release steam and admit cooling water into chamber to prevent overcooking at end of cooking cycle.
- 5) May open retort and move basket of canned food to cooling trough, using hoist.
- 6) May record items such as retort number, can size and grade designation, cooking time, and number of pounds pressure on canning report.
Is being a "RETORT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RETORT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RETORT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RETORT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 8407