Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Administers respiratory therapy care and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of cardiopulmonary system, under supervision of physician and by prescription: Reads prescription, measures arterial blood gases, and reviews patient information to assess patient condition and determine requirements for treatment, such as type and duration of therapy, and medication and dosages.
- 2) Determines most suitable method of administering inhalants, precautions to be observed, and modifications which may be needed that will be compatible with physician's orders.
- 3) Sets up and operates devices, such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
- 4) Operates equipment to ensure specified parameters of treatment, such as volume, gas concentration, humidity, and temperature, and to administer medicinal gases and aerosol drugs to patients.
- 5) Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes.
- 6) Performs bronchopulmonary drainage and assists patient in performing breathing exercises.
- 7) Performs pulmonary function tests to be used by physician in diagnosis of case.
- 8) Observes equipment function and adjusts equipment to obtain optimum results to therapy.
- 9) Consults with physician in event of adverse reactions.
- 10) Maintains patient's chart that contains pertinent identification and therapy information.
- 11) Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently.
- 12) Orders repairs when needed.
- 13) Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees and other health care personnel.
Is being a "RESPIRATORY THERAPIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RESPIRATORY THERAPIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RESPIRATORY THERAPIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RESPIRATORY THERAPIST"
Job Number: 8399