Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out, fabricates, assembles, and tests mechanical, electromechanical, structural, hydraulic, and pneumatic aircraft parts, assemblies, and mechanisms to assist engineers in determining faulty design or fabrication procedures: Lays out, fabricates, and assembles parts, assemblies, and mechanisms to be tested, according to blueprints, specifications, sketches, templates, or verbal instructions.
- 2) Installs test specimens, such as rib assemblies, struts, landing gears, valves, ducts, fuselage sections, and control surfaces, in test equipment, and connects wiring, tubing, couplings, and power sources, using handtools and power tools.
- 3) Operates test equipment to gather data on performance of parts, assemblies, and mechanisms under simulated flight and operational conditions.
- 4) Measures induced variations from normal, using precision instruments, such as micrometers, verniers, calipers, pressure gauges, flowmeters, strain gauges, and dynamometers.
- 5) Records and interprets test data.
- 6) Confers with engineering personnel regarding test procedures and test results.
- 7) Fabricates and assembles test equipment, tooling, shop aids, or other devices for experimental test projects.
Is being a "RESEARCH MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RESEARCH MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RESEARCH MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RESEARCH MECHANIC"
Job Number: 8386