Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates saws to cut planks, timbers, or boards into boards of lesser thickness according to work orders: Observes lumber on conveyor as lumber approaches saw to determine cut to be made.
- 2) Turns handwheels or manipulates levers to adjust distance between feed rolls and set saw for thickness of board to be cut.
- 3) Depresses levers to control speed of saw and feed rolls.
- 4) Observes automatic feeding of lumber to saw or pushes end of lumber into feed rolls.
- 5) May replace dull saw blades, using handtools.
- 6) May be designated according to type of saw used as Band-Resaw Operator; Circular-Resaw Operator; Multiple-Resaw Operator; Horizontal-Resaw Operator.
Is being a "RESAW OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RESAW OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RESAW OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RESAW OPERATOR"
Job Number: 8380