Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Collects and analyzes information about newsworthy events to write news stories for publication or broadcast: Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story idea.
- 2) Gathers and verifies factual information regarding story through interview, observation, and research.
- 3) Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- 4) May monitor police and fire department radio communications to obtain story leads.
- 5) May take photographs or shoot video to illustrate stories.
- 6) May edit, or assist in editing, videos for broadcast.
- 7) May appear on television program when conducting taped or filmed interviews or narration.
- 8) May give live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
- 9) May transmit information to NEWSWRITER for story writing.
- 10) May specialize in one type of reporting, such as sports, fires, accidents, political affairs, court trials, or police activities.
- 11) May be assigned to outlying areas or foreign countries and be designated Correspondent or Foreign Correspondent.
Is being a "REPORTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "REPORTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "REPORTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "REPORTER"
Job Number: 2770