"REPAIRER, WELDING EQUIPMENT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs welding, burning, and brazing equipment, according to sketches, catalogs, parts lists, and charts: Examines equipment and observes operation to detect malfunction.
- 2) Dismantles equipment to remove and replace worn or damaged parts, such as regulator diaphragms, torch tips, pressure springs, gauges, pneumatic cylinders, shunts, hoses, cables, and non-consumable electrodes, using handtools.
- 3) Selects new parts from stock.
- 4) Screws, solders, or brazes parts together to reassemble unit.
- 5) Tests repaired equipment to ensure specified performance.
- 6) Dresses and replaces non-consumable electrodes, using grinding and lapping wheel or tip dressing machine.
- 7) May replace or repair worn or damaged parts of welding and flame cutting machines.
- 8) May issue supplies, such as electrodes, torch tips, weld rods, and fluxes, to welders.
- 9) May change tubes and electrodes of resistance-welding machines.
- 10) May monitor weld current to ensure weld quality.
- 11) May fabricate steel hangers to support manually operated welding guns.
Is being a "REPAIRER, WELDING EQUIPMENT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "REPAIRER, WELDING EQUIPMENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "REPAIRER, WELDING EQUIPMENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "REPAIRER, WELDING EQUIPMENT"
Job Number: 8367