Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Maintains, installs, and repairs process equipment in chemical plants, usually working under direction of REPAIRER I : Inspects equipment for leaks and defective valves.
- 2) Tightens flange connections and valves, using wrenches.
- 3) Replaces driving belts, spray nozzles, gaskets, and packing in equipment and gaskets or seals in pipelines.
- 4) Lubricates pumps and valves, using grease gun.
- 5) Grinds and reseals valves, using power grinder.
- 6) Dismantles and assembles equipment, using wrenches and portable power tools, as directed by REPAIRER I to assist in repairs and installations.
- 7) Cleans dirt and rust from equipment and parts prior to and after repairs are made, using brushes, buffer, and cleaning solutions.
- 8) May test equipment for leaks, using compressed-nitrogen hose and compressor and vacuum gauge, to detect pressure drops.
- 9) May assist equipment or process operator in operation or tending of equipment units during emergencies or rest periods.
Is being a "REPAIRER II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "REPAIRER II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "REPAIRER II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "REPAIRER II"
Job Number: 8349