Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs defective automotive units, such as engines, transmissions, or differentials, in assembled vehicles, using handtools and power tools and applying knowledge of mechanical systems: Reads inspection cards to determine defects in vehicle components.
- 2) Disassembles and repairs defective units on assembled vehicles or replaces them with different units, using mechanic's handtools and portable power tools.
- 3) Routes repaired vehicles to testing area for final inspection.
- 4) May remove and repair defective units of completed automotive vehicles.
- 5) May place malfunctioning units on repair stand, using hoist.
- 6) May be designated according to type of unit repaired as Differential Repairer; Engine Repairer; Transmission Repairer.
Is being a "REPAIRER, HEAVY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "REPAIRER, HEAVY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "REPAIRER, HEAVY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "REPAIRER, HEAVY"
Job Number: 8357