Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs handtools, such as planes, vises, bit braces, levels, tape rules and mitre boxes: Examines defective tools to determine from experience, nature of defect or cause of malfunction, and possibility of repair.
- 2) Disassembles tool, using screwdrivers, hammers, chisels, punches, and files.
- 3) Operates power tools, such as drill press, power press, and handmilling machine, to remove screws, pins, rivets, bushings, collars, and jackets.
- 4) Replaces defective part or repairs part, using files, reaming tools, and vise.
- 5) Verifies dimensions, straightness, and concentricity of parts, using gauges.
- 6) Reassembles tool, using hand and power equipment.
- 7) Records nature and extent of repairs performed.
- 8) Maintains stock of parts.
Is being a "REPAIRER, HANDTOOLS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "REPAIRER, HANDTOOLS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "REPAIRER, HANDTOOLS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "REPAIRER, HANDTOOLS"
Job Number: 8356