"REPAIRER, FINISHED METAL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs surface defects, such as dings, dents, and buckles, in finished metal items, such as automobile bodies, refrigerators, or other appliances, using dolly blocks, ding and pick hammers, and other handtools: Visually examines and feels surface of workpiece to determine extent of defect.
- 2) Holds dolly block against defect and hammers opposite side to smooth surface, being careful not to stretch surface or mar finish.
- 3) Cleans and polishes repaired area, using buffer and cloth.
- 4) May file dings to remove burrs and rough spots.
- 5) Polishes working surfaces of dolly blocks and hammers, using naphtha-soaked emery cloth to prevent scratching or gouging of workpiece.
Is being a "REPAIRER, FINISHED METAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "REPAIRER, FINISHED METAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "REPAIRER, FINISHED METAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "REPAIRER, FINISHED METAL"
Job Number: 8353