Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs and repairs industrial and commercial refrigerating systems according to blueprints and engineering specifications, using knowledge of refrigeration, structural layout, and function and design of components: Lays out reference points for installation of structural and functional components, using measuring instruments, such as tape, transit, plumb bob, levels, and square.
- 2) Drills holes and installs mounting brackets and hangers into floor and walls of building.
- 3) Lifts and aligns components into position, using hoist or block and tackle.
- 4) Screws, bolts, rivets, welds, and brazes parts to assemble structural and functional components, such as motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring harnesses, valves, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, and pipes.
- 5) Cuts, threads, and connects pipe to functional components and water or power system of premises.
- 6) Pumps specified gas or fluid into system.
- 7) Starts system, observes operation, reads gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms, such as valves, controls, and pumps to control level of fluid, pressure, and temperature in system.
- 8) Dismantles malfunctioning systems and tests components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
- 9) Replaces or adjusts defective or worn parts to repair systems.
- 10) May insulate shells and cabinets of systems.
- 11) May install wiring to connect components to electric power source.
- 12) May specialize in installing systems and be designated Refrigeration-System Installer.
Is being a "REFRIGERATION MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "REFRIGERATION MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "REFRIGERATION MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "REFRIGERATION MECHANIC"
Job Number: 8306