Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that refines crude oils, such as soybean, cottonseed, and peanut: Turns valve to pump oil and caustic solution from storage tanks into machine tanks as specified.
- 2) Starts machine to separate caustic from oil by centrifugal force.
- 3) Sets thermostat, observes gauges, and regulates valves to maintain prescribed temperature in wash and dryer tanks.
- 4) Turns valves to pump mixtures to wash and dryer tank to remove byproducts with water, and impurities with heat.
- 5) Turns valve to pump refined oil to storage tanks.
- 6) Cleans bowls, using water and steam.
- 7) May test samples of crude and refined oil to determine specific gravity and free fatty acid content, using hydrometer and refractometer.
- 8) May be designated according to type of machine tended as Sharples-Machine Operator.
Is being a "REFINING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "REFINING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "REFINING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "REFINING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 8299