"REFINERY OPERATOR HELPER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists REFINERY OPERATOR in distillation and processing of crude and refined oil: Patrols area and inspects equipment, such as furnaces, distilling units, lines, and pumps, to detect malfunctions and leakage.
- 2) Reads flowmeters and temperature and pressure gauges, and records data.
- 3) Adjusts control instruments and dampers on oil burners to maintain specified firing conditions.
- 4) Reports operating condition of units to REFINERY OPERATOR.
- 5) Turns valves and switches as directed to regulate temperature, pressure, and flow rate of product; to direct flow of product to other units; to maintain specified levels of oil in tanks and towers; and to start, stop, and regulate equipment, such as pumps, compressors, and blowers.
- 6) Draws samples of product from tanks and towers for laboratory testing.
- 7) Gauges product in tanks and operates pumps and agitators to mix product or load it into storage tanks.
- 8) Lubricates, cleans, and repairs equipment.
- 9) May change recording charts and ink pens.
- 10) May be designated according to type of processing unit or department as Absorption-Plant-Operator Helper; Purification-Operator Helper; Refinery Operator Helper, Cracking Unit; Refinery Operator Helper, Crude Unit.
- 11) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "REFINERY OPERATOR HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "REFINERY OPERATOR HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "REFINERY OPERATOR HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "REFINERY OPERATOR HELPER"
Job Number: 8296