Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Polishes and repairs loom reeds: Cleans lint and gum from reeds, using brush or airhose.
- 2) Examines reeds for alignment of wires, rough edges, and breaks.
- 3) Verifies dents, using micrometers and feeler gauges.
- 4) Straightens and aligns bent wires, using handtools, and solders broken wires.
- 5) Smooths and polishes reeds, using pumice, lime, emery cloth, steel wool, and rotating brush, according to condition of reed.
- 6) Inspects new reeds and stores them with reconditioned reeds according to size.
- 7) Records receipt and transfer of reeds for perpetual inventory.
- 8) May replace defective reeds on loom.
Is being a "REED REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "REED REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "REED REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "REED REPAIRER"
Job Number: 8281