Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates reed assemblies for textile looms, using machines, handtools, and gauges: Inserts spool of wire in machine that cuts wire into dents and consecutively fastens ends of dents to opposing coils of two parallel forming springs.
- 2) Positions additional forming springs across rows of dents to reinforce assembly and ensure specified spacing of dents.
- 3) Compresses springs in screw press and wires frame around dents to form reed assembly of specified width.
- 4) Packs lime preparation between dents and dips assembly into solder trough to solder dent ends to frame.
- 5) Removes lime preparation, wires, and springs, using handtools.
- 6) Inspects spacing of dents, using micrometer and feeler gauge.
- 7) Corrects spacing, using straightening tool.
- 8) Cleans and polishes reed assembly, using portable buffing wheel.
Is being a "REED MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "REED MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "REED MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "REED MAKER"
Job Number: 8280