Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, organizes, and directs medically approved recreation program for patients in hospitals and other institutions: Directs and organizes such activities as sports, dramatics, games, and arts and crafts to assist patients to develop interpersonal relationships, to socialize effectively, and to develop confidence needed to participate in group activities.
- 2) Regulates content of program in accordance with patients' capabilities, needs and interests.
- 3) Instructs patients in relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing, concentration, and other activities, to reduce stress and tension.
- 4) Instructs patients in calisthenics, stretching and limbering exercises, and individual and group sports.
- 5) Counsels and encourages patients to develop leisure activities.
- 6) Organizes and coordinates special outings and accompanies patients on outings, such as ball games, sightseeing, or picnics to make patients aware of available recreational resources.
- 7) Prepares progress charts and periodic reports for medical staff and other members of treatment team, reflecting patients' reactions and evidence of progress or regression.
- 8) May supervise and conduct in-service training of other staff members, review their assessments and program goals, and consult with them on selected cases.
- 9) May train groups of volunteers and students in techniques of recreation therapy.
- 10) May serve as consultant to employers, educational institutions, and community health programs.
- 11) May prepare and submit requisition for needed supplies.
Is being a "RECREATIONAL THERAPIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RECREATIONAL THERAPIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RECREATIONAL THERAPIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RECREATIONAL THERAPIST"
Job Number: 8266