Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles frames, beams, brakes, and springs to form railroad car truck and wheel units, using handtools: Positions bolster on erection block and lowers side frames and brake beams into bolster slots, grooves, and recesses, using hoist.
- 2) Slips brakeshoes into receptacles and secures brakeshoes with pin, using hammer.
- 3) Assembles brake parts, such as bottom rods, traverse plates, fulcrum, and levers and secures unit to brake beams and shoes, using bolts and cotter pins.
- 4) Sets springs on studs in spring housing and places adapters in grooves on axle wheel bearings.
- 5) Lifts complete truck unit over truck wheel assemblies, using hoist, and lowers it onto adapters.
- 6) Pushes truck and wheel assembly along track for next operation.
Is being a "RAILROAD-CAR-TRUCK BUILDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RAILROAD-CAR-TRUCK BUILDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RAILROAD-CAR-TRUCK BUILDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RAILROAD-CAR-TRUCK BUILDER"
Job Number: 8205