Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Prepares and dispenses radioactive pharmaceuticals used for patient diagnosis and therapy, applying principles and practices of pharmacy and radiochemistry: Receives radiopharmaceutical prescription from physician and reviews prescription to determine suitability of radiopharmaceutical for intended use.
- 2) Verifies that specified radioactive substance and reagent will give desired results in examination or treatment procedures, utilizing knowledge of radiopharmaceutical preparation and principles of drug biodistribution.
- 3) Calculates volume of radioactive pharmaceutical required to provide patient with desired level of radioactivity at prescribed time, according to established rates of radioisotope decay.
- 4) Compounds radioactive substances and reagents to prepare radiopharmaceutical, following radiopharmacy laboratory procedures.
- 5) Assays prepared radiopharmaceutical, using measuring and analysis instruments and equipment, such as ionization chamber, pulse-height analyzer, and radioisotope dose calibrator, to verify rate of drug disintegration and to ensure that patient receives required dose.
- 6) Consults with physician following patient treatment or procedure to review and evaluate quality and effectiveness of radiopharmaceutical.
- 7) Conducts research to develop or improve radiopharmaceuticals.
- 8) Prepares reports for regulatory agencies to obtain approval for testing and use of new radiopharmaceuticals.
- 9) Maintains control records for receipt, storage, preparation, and disposal of radioactive nuclei.
- 10) Occasionally conducts training for students and medical professionals concerning radiopharmacy use, characteristics, and compounding procedures.
Is being a "RADIOPHARMACIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RADIOPHARMACIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RADIOPHARMACIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RADIOPHARMACIST"
Job Number: 8192