Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates radiologic equipment to produce radiographs of body for diagnostic purposes, as directed by RADIOLOGIST : Positions patient on examining table and adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by physician.
- 2) Explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
- 3) Moves x-ray equipment into specified position and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors, such as time and distance, based on knowledge of radiographic exposure techniques and protocols.
- 4) Practices radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding skills, and knowledge of applicable exposure factors, to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- 5) May operate mobile x-ray equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient's bedside.
- 6) May specialize in production of screening and diagnostic x rays for detection of breast tumors and be known as Radiologic Technologist, Mammogram.
Is being a "RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST"
Job Number: 8187