Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Provides radiation therapy to patients as prescribed by RADIOLOGIST , according to established practices and standards: Reviews prescription, diagnosis, patient chart, and identification.
- 2) Acts as liaison with physicist and supportive care personnel.
- 3) Prepares equipment, such as immobilization, treatment, and protection devices, and positions patient according to prescription.
- 4) Enters data into computer and sets controls to operate and adjust equipment and regulate dosage.
- 5) Observes and reassures patient during treatment and reports unusual reactions to physician.
- 6) Photographs treated area of patient and processes film.
- 7) Maintains records, reports, and files as required.
- 8) Follows principles of radiation protection for patient, self, and others.
- 9) May assist in dosimetry procedures and tumor localization.
- 10) May train therapy students.
Is being a "RADIATION-THERAPY TECHNOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RADIATION-THERAPY TECHNOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RADIATION-THERAPY TECHNOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RADIATION-THERAPY TECHNOLOGIST"
Job Number: 8181