Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in monitoring radiation levels and condition of equipment used to generate nuclear energy to ensure safe operation of plant facilities: Evaluates water chemical analysis data in primary and supportive plant systems to determine compliance with radiation content and corrosion control regulations.
- 2) Investigates problems, such as radioactive leaks in reactors and auxiliary systems, or excessive radiation or corrosion of equipment, applying knowledge of radiation protection techniques and principles of chemistry and engineering to correct conditions.
- 3) Confers with departmental supervisors, manufacturing representatives, and regulatory agency staff to discuss problems, to develop tests to detect radioactive leaks, and to design plans to monitor equipment and safety programs.
- 4) Directs workers in testing and analyzing water samples and monitoring processing system.
- 5) Prepares reports, such as environmental monitoring operation report, radioactive waste releases, and shipping reports, for review by administrative personnel and submission to regulatory agency.
- 6) May prepare employee performance reviews and related reports.
Is being a "RADIATION-PROTECTION ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "RADIATION-PROTECTION ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "RADIATION-PROTECTION ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "RADIATION-PROTECTION ENGINEER"
Job Number: 8179