"QUILLING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine equipped with automatic quill loading and doffing device that winds yarn from cones or tubes onto quills for use in loom shuttle: Loads hopper with empty quills by hand or electric hoist.
- 2) Places supply packages of yarn on holders, according to yarn count, blend, and color of label inside packages, and ties yarn ends from packages to ends in machine and cuts excess yarn at knots with scissors.
- 3) Observes winding units to detect breaks in yarn.
- 4) Removes quills when yarn breaks, rethreads yarn through guides, and ties yarn ends.
- 5) Removes full boxes or pinboards, which receive wound quills ejected by machine, and separates partially filled quills.
- 6) Keeps production records.
- 7) May inspect quills for defects, such as broken filament and dirty or damaged yarn.
- 8) May mark quills of yarn according to style of yarn being processed, using colored chalk.
Is being a "QUILLING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "QUILLING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "QUILLING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "QUILLING-MACHINE OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC"
Job Number: 8158