Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends quiller that winds strands of yarn from ball warps onto bobbins or quills after bleaching, mercerizing, or dyeing: Divides new warp into sections to facilitate handling, using twisting hook or ring to hold yarn parallel.
- 2) Twists each new strand to preceding strand in machine with fingers to draw yarn through reed and guides without rethreading.
- 3) Starts machine and depresses pedal board to control winding speed.
- 4) Feels warp for tangles and observes yarn for breaks.
- 5) Stops machine to straighten warp, remove lease strings, or thread broken ends through reed and guides.
- 6) Doffs bobbins or quills from spindles and replaces with empties.
- 7) Brushes dust and lint from machine and oils spindle bearings.
Is being a "QUILLER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "QUILLER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "QUILLER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "QUILLER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 8157