Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Steers ship and maintains visual communications with other ships: Steers ship under direction of ship's commander or navigating officer, or directs helmsman to steer, following designated course.
- 2) Stands by wheel when ship is on automatic pilot and verifies accuracy of course by comparing with magnetic compass.
- 3) Relays specified signals to ships in vicinity, using visual signaling devices, such as blinker light and semaphore.
- 4) Gives directions to crew engaged in cleaning wheelhouse and quarter deck.
- 5) Maintains ship's log while in port, and stands gangway watch to prevent unauthorized persons from boarding ship.
- 6) May be required to be certificated by U.
- 8) Coast Guard as ABLE SEAMAN.
Is being a "QUARTERMASTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "QUARTERMASTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "QUARTERMASTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "QUARTERMASTER"
Job Number: 8154