Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks in rock quarry: Removes mud and muck from surface of stone, using pick, shovel, and steam hose.
- 2) Chips irregularities from stone slabs to produce uniform, rectangular shapes and reduce shipping weights, using pick.
- 3) Loosens blasted stone, using pick and crowbar.
- 4) Cuts notches in blocks of stone with pick and hammer, and attaches hoisting cables, hooks, or slings to stone.
- 5) Breaks stone into pieces, using sledgehammer.
- 6) Loads broken rock into boxes to be hoisted from quarry, using shovel, stone fork, or hands.
- 7) Loosens blasted stone with bar or pick and skids rock into position for breaking.
Is being a "QUARRY WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "QUARRY WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "QUARRY WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "QUARRY WORKER"
Job Number: 8153