"QUARRY SUPERVISOR, DIMENSION STONE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in quarrying dimension stone: Schedules production or maintenance assignments of workers.
- 2) Marks area or dimensions of blocks to be removed from stone mass, using chalkline.
- 3) Fills blast holes with blasting agents and detonator, and notifies workers to evacuate area.
- 4) Detonates explosive, using blasting machine, to separate block from stone mass.
- 5) Signals HOISTING ENGINEER to lift blocks from pit to stockpile area.
- 6) Inspects blocks for defects such as cracks or discolorations.
- 7) Computes dimensions of and marks identifying data on blocks.
- 8) Fastens dogs into drilled holes in stone to facilitate loading on truck.
- 9) Compiles production and shipping records.
- 10) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "QUARRY SUPERVISOR, DIMENSION STONE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "QUARRY SUPERVISOR, DIMENSION STONE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "QUARRY SUPERVISOR, DIMENSION STONE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "QUARRY SUPERVISOR, DIMENSION STONE"
Job Number: 8151