Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects garments, such as men's shirts, during manufacturing operations to determine number of defects per worker and reasons for rejects by examiners: Cuts swatches from bolts of fabric to determine variations in dye lot shades.
- 2) Counts number of pattern parts and lays of cloth prior to cutting to ensure accuracy of cutting operation with minimum waste.
- 3) Counts number of stitches per inch during sewing operation to detect inconsistencies in sewing machine settings.
- 4) Tests strength of collar-stay fusion, using tensiometer.
- 5) Folds collars in half to detect unevenness of attachment.
- 6) Examines garment and parts for defects, such as unfinished raw edges, broken buttons or hooks, uneven stripes or plaids, puckers in seams, loose threads or stitches, or incorrect packaging assortment.
- 7) Records number and type of defects for each worker.
- 8) Returns rejected part or garment to department to be reworked.
Is being a "QUALITY-CONTROL CHECKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "QUALITY-CONTROL CHECKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "QUALITY-CONTROL CHECKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "QUALITY-CONTROL CHECKER"
Job Number: 10295