"QUALITY ASSURANCE MONITOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects and tests assembled motor vehicle, components, and parts as vehicle and subassemblies proceed through stages of assembly process, performing any combination of following tasks, to assure that assembly work and materials meet establishment and regulatory standards, using conventional and electronic test equipment and machines: Pries welded surfaces of vehicle body apart to observe welded seams and compare characteristics of spot welds with standards.
- 2) Conducts nondestructive ultrasonic tests on unpainted vehicle body to assure that production welding standards have been met.
- 3) Inspects vehicle subassemblies and parts received from suppliers to detect substandard materials prior to distribution to assembly line.
- 4) Inspects painted vehicle to detect defects in painted surfaces.
- 5) Measures gaps between vehicle doors, deck lid, hood, and body, and flushness of parts to vehicle body.
- 6) Measures force required to close vehicle doors and deck lids, operate door-opening buttons, and turn key in doors and deck lid locks.
- 7) Verifies predetermined torque settings on bolts and nuts used to assemble parts, subassemblies and vehicle body.
- 8) Verifies and calibrates setting of pneumatic powered and hand torque wrenches.
- 9) Inspects trim parts and components of vehicle body, such as molding, instrument control panel, wire harnesses, and seat belts.
- 10) Inspects and tests chassis parts and components, such as engine and transmission and suspension, brake, and exhaust systems.
- 11) Functionally tests electrical and mechanical systems of completed motor vehicle.
- 12) Drives completed vehicle on test track to determine origin of wind noise, squeaks, and rattles.
- 13) Records results of individual observations and tests, using printed graphic and written forms, electronic data collecting equipment, or keyboard of central computer system.
- 14) Reviews overall quality of vehicle leaving one stage of production prior to entering next or final stage.
- 15) Observes assembly and quality assurance process to trace cause of production defects, and confers with production and quality assurance workers and supervisors, and engineering personnel to resolve problems.
- 16) Attends meetings to obtain and discuss report of production defects observed and recorded by quality audit personnel, for later discussion with department workers and supervisor.
- 17) Corrects substandard work or replaces defective parts, using handtools and power tools.
- 18) May work as member of quality assurance group and be assigned different work stations as monitoring needs require.
- 19) May be designated according to stage of assembly process as Quality Assurance Monitor, Body; Quality Assurance Monitor, Chassis; Quality Assurance Monitor, Final; Quality Assurance Monitor, Trim.
Is being a "QUALITY ASSURANCE MONITOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "QUALITY ASSURANCE MONITOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "QUALITY ASSURANCE MONITOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "QUALITY ASSURANCE MONITOR"
Job Number: 8121