"QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to establishment guidelines: Writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently.
- 2) Reviews new or modified program, including documentation, diagram, and flow chart, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines.
- 3) Recommends program improvements or corrections to programmers.
- 4) Reviews computer operating log to identify program processing errors.
- 5) Enters instructions into computer to test program for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to establishment standards.
- 6) Observes computer monitor screen during program test to detect error codes or interruption of program and corrects errors.
- 7) Identifies differences between establishment standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards.
- 8) Sets up tests at request of user to locate and correct program operating error following installation of program.
- 9) Conducts compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs.
- 10) Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- 11) Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
- 12) May evaluate proposed software or software enhancement for feasibility.
- 13) May develop utility program to test, track, and verify defects in software program.
- 14) May write programs to create new procedures or modify existing procedures.
- 15) May train software program users.
Is being a "QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST"
Job Number: 8118