Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, for establishment: Reviews requisitions.
- 2) Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- 3) Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
- 4) Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- 5) Determines method of procurement, such as direct purchase or bid.
- 6) Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- 7) Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- 8) Maintains manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- 9) Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- 10) May approve invoices for payment.
- 11) May expedite delivery of goods to users.
Is being a "PURCHASING AGENT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PURCHASING AGENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PURCHASING AGENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PURCHASING AGENT"
Job Number: 8105