Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Originates puppet shows, designs and constructs puppets and moves controls of puppets to animate them for entertainment of audience: Studies media for ideas that relate to fads, stories, plays, and seasonal themes and confers with other staff to develop ideas for new show.
- 2) Writes or adapts script for use in puppet theater.
- 3) Sketches designs for puppets based on script.
- 4) Constructs hand, string, rod, and shadow puppets from materials, such as wood, papier mache, styrofoam, wires, metal, and rubber, using handtools and machine tools.
- 5) Sews clothing for puppets by hand or machine.
- 6) Animates puppets, using string, wire, rod, fingers or hand from position above, below, or at level with stage.
- 7) Talks or sings during performance to give illusion of voice to puppets.
- 8) May operate audio equipment, such as tape deck, during performance and simultaneously move puppet's mouth in synchronization with music to create illusion of singing.
Is being a "PUPPETEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PUPPETEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PUPPETEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PUPPETEER"
Job Number: 8103