Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and installs dies into power presses to punch, notch, cut blanks, form or draw metal plates, strips, sheets, or blanks: Positions, aligns, and locks specified dies into machine ram and bed.
- 2) Sets stops, guides, or installs jigs or fixtures for positioning workpiece.
- 3) Adjusts depth and pressure of stroke.
- 4) Operates press machine to verify functioning of dies.
- 5) Examines stamped out metal parts to detect malfunctioning machine and defect in dies.
- 6) May sharpen dies, using grinding machine.
- 7) May assemble, align, and install progressive dies.
- 8) May set up automatic punch presses.
Is being a "PUNCH-PRESS SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PUNCH-PRESS SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PUNCH-PRESS SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PUNCH-PRESS SETTER"
Job Number: 8102