"PUNCH-PRESS OPERATOR III"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates power press equipped with punch to notch or punch metal or plastic plates, sheets, or structural shapes: Positions, aligns, and clamps specified punch and die set into ram and bed of machine, using feelers, gauges, shims, rule, or template.
- 2) Turns handwheel or installs shims to set depth of stroke.
- 3) Lifts workpiece onto machine bed or roller table, manually or by using jib or crane.
- 4) Positions layout marks on workpiece between punch and die.
- 5) Positions and clamps guide stops to run successive pieces.
- 6) Starts ram to drive punch through workpiece.
- 7) May operate machine equipped with two or more punch and die sets.
- 8) May trace layout marks or workpiece from template.
- 9) May be designated according to function of machine as Notching-Press Operator.
Is being a "PUNCH-PRESS OPERATOR III" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PUNCH-PRESS OPERATOR III" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PUNCH-PRESS OPERATOR III"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PUNCH-PRESS OPERATOR III"
Job Number: 8100