"PUNCH-PRESS OPERATOR I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates power press to trim, punch, shape, notch, draw, or crimp metal, composite, or plastic stock: Assembles, installs, and aligns dies in press according to specifications, using feelers, shims, templates, bolts, clamps, and wrenches.
- 2) Adjusts ram stroke to specified length.
- 3) Positions workpiece against fixtures or stops on machine bed or on die.
- 4) Starts press and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
- 5) Inspects workpieces for conformance to specifications, visually or using gauges or templates, and adjusts machine to correct errors.
- 6) May clean and lubricate machines.
- 7) May be designated according to type of machine as Multiple-Punch-Press Operator I; or by function of machine as Draw-Press Operator; Forming-Press Operator I; Straightening-Press Operator I; Stretching-Press Operator.
Is being a "PUNCH-PRESS OPERATOR I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PUNCH-PRESS OPERATOR I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PUNCH-PRESS OPERATOR I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PUNCH-PRESS OPERATOR I"
Job Number: 8098