Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates pumps and auxiliary equipment to produce artificial flow of oil or gas from wells in oil field: Starts pumps and opens valves to pump oil from wells into storage tanks.
- 2) Starts compressor engines and diverts oil from storage tanks into compressor units and auxiliary equipment to recover natural gas from oil.
- 3) Opens valves to return compressed gas to bottoms of specified wells to repressurize them and force oil to surface.
- 4) Operates engines and pumping units from central powerplant to shut off wells according to production schedule and to switch flow of oil into unfilled storage tanks.
- 5) Reads tank gauges and pump meters, and keeps production records.
- 6) May supervise OIL PUMPERS and other workers engaged in producing oil from wells.
- 7) May repair gas and oil meters and gauges.
Is being a "PUMPER, HEAD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PUMPER, HEAD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PUMPER, HEAD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PUMPER, HEAD"
Job Number: 8084