Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates pumps and manifold systems to load petro-chemical products, such as caustic soda, methanol, and styrene into trucks, barges, and tank cars: Reads loading order or receives instructions from supervisor.
- 2) Determines movement of products through lines from storage tanks to tank trucks, barges, and tank cars utilizing knowledge of interconnections, pipeline capacities, manifolds, and pumps.
- 3) Inspects and weighs vessels to prevent contamination and to satisfy loading procedures.
- 4) Coordinates product movement activities with other workers to ensure continuous flow of product.
- 5) Starts pumps, observes pressure and flowmeters, and turns valves to regulate flow of product to loading vessel according to loading procedures.
- 6) Signals other pumper-gaugers to open and close hatch valves and to gauge, sample, and determine temperature of tank contents.
- 7) Records operating data, such as products and quantities pumped, storage tank used, gauge readings, and operating time.
- 8) Inspects valves, flanges, manifolds throughout system and tightens connections, using handtools.
- 9) Delivers product samples to laboratory and affixes product warning placards onto vessel.
- 10) Operates blenders and heaters to mix, blend, and heat products.
- 11) May perform variety of tests to determine viscosity, specific gravity, and flash point of sample contents.
Is being a "PUMPER-GAUGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PUMPER-GAUGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PUMPER-GAUGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PUMPER-GAUGER"
Job Number: 8085