Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends power-driven pumps that transfer wort, beer, or liquefied yeast mixture to various sections of brewery: Receives signal from point of destination indicating time of fluid transfer.
- 2) Connects flexible hose and stationary lines to pumps and vessels containing specified fluid and notifies worker at destination point of line prior to transfer of fluid.
- 3) Turns valves and starts pump to admit and control flow of liquid through lines.
- 4) Collects random samples of fluid from vessels for laboratory testing, using beaker.
- 5) May tend automated equipment to transfer liquids through various processes.
- 6) May observe thermometers and turn valves to regulate flow of beer through refrigeration unit to maintain specified temperature of product.
- 7) May pump two or more varieties of beer into one tank to blend mixture.
- 8) May record types and amounts of beer pumped.
- 9) May clean pumps and lines by flushing with cleansing solutions and water.
- 10) May be designated according to plant location or product transferred as Bottle-House Pumper; Cellar Pumper; Wort Pumper; Yeast Pumper.
Is being a "PUMPER, BREWERY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PUMPER, BREWERY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PUMPER, BREWERY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PUMPER, BREWERY"
Job Number: 8083