"PUMP-STATION OPERATOR, WATERWORKS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates pumping equipment to transfer raw water to treatment plant, or distribute processed water to residential, commercial, and industrial establishments: Turns valves, pulls levers, and flips switches to operate and control turbine- or motor-driven pumps that transfer water from reservoir to treatment plant, or to transfer processed water to consumer establishments.
- 2) Reads flowmeters and gauges to regulate equipment according to water consumption and demand.
- 3) Inspects equipment to detect malfunctions, such as pump leaks or worn bearings.
- 4) Repairs and lubricates equipment, using handtools.
- 5) Records data, such as utilization of equipment, power consumption, and water output in log.
- 6) May operate equipment to treat and process raw water.
- 7) May test water for chlorine content, alkalinity, acidity, or turbidity to determine potability of water, following color analysis standards.
- 8) May operate hydroelectric equipment to generate power.
Is being a "PUMP-STATION OPERATOR, WATERWORKS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PUMP-STATION OPERATOR, WATERWORKS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PUMP-STATION OPERATOR, WATERWORKS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PUMP-STATION OPERATOR, WATERWORKS"
Job Number: 8090