Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs pulmonary-function, lung-capacity, diffusion capacity, and blood-and-oxygen tests to gather data for use by physician in diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary disorders: Confers with patient in treatment room to explain test procedures.
- 2) Explains specified methods of breathing to patient and conducts pulmonary-function tests, such as helium dilution and pulmonary mechanics, arterial blood gas analyses, and lung-capacity tests, such as vital capacity and maximum breathing capacity tests, using spirometer or other equipment.
- 3) Measures expired air, using various analyzers.
- 4) Observes and records readings on metering devices of analysis equipment, and conveys findings of tests and analyses to physician for interpretation.
- 5) May perform blood analysis tests to measure such factors as oxygen and carbon dioxide tensions, hemoglobin saturation and levels, and pH of blood, using blood gas analyzer.
- 6) May measure sweat chloride to test for cystic fibrosis, using computerized analyzer.
- 7) May assist physician in special procedures such as bronchoscopy.
Is being a "PULMONARY-FUNCTION TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PULMONARY-FUNCTION TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PULMONARY-FUNCTION TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PULMONARY-FUNCTION TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 8056