Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts research, development, application, and evaluation of psychological principles relating human behavior to characteristics, design, and use of environments and systems within which human beings work and live: Collaborates with equipment designers in design, development, and utilization of man-machine systems to obtain optimum efficiency in terms of human capabilities.
- 2) Advises on human factors to be considered in design of man-machine systems, military equipment, and industrial products.
- 3) Participates in solving such problems as determining numbers and kinds of workers required to operate machines, allocation of functions to machines and operators, and layout and arrangement of work sites.
- 4) Analyzes jobs to establish requirements for use in classification, selection, placement, and training of personnel.
- 5) Develops training methods and materials, such as curriculums, lectures, and films, and prepares handbooks of human engineering data for use by equipment and system designers.
- 6) May conduct research to develop psychological theories concerning such subjects as effects of physical factors on worker's behavior; functional design of dials, scales, meters, and other instruments to minimize sensory requirements; specifications for optimal size, shape, direction and speed of motion, and location of equipment controls; and effects of environmental, organismic, and task or job variables on work behavior and life quality.
Is being a "PSYCHOLOGIST, ENGINEERING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PSYCHOLOGIST, ENGINEERING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PSYCHOLOGIST, ENGINEERING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PSYCHOLOGIST, ENGINEERING"
Job Number: 8033