Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Provides individual and group counseling services in universities and colleges, schools, clinics, rehabilitation centers, Veterans Administration hospitals, and industry, to assist individuals in achieving more effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment: Collects data about individual through use of interview, case history, and observational techniques.
- 2) Selects and interprets psychological tests designed to assess individual's intelligence, aptitudes, abilities, and interests, applying knowledge of statistical analysis.
- 3) Evaluates data to identify causes of problem of individuals and to determine advisability of counseling or referral to other specialists or institutions.
- 4) Conducts counseling or therapeutic interviews to assist individual to gain insight into personal problems, define goals, and plan action reflecting interests, abilities, and needs.
- 5) Provides occupational, educational, and other information to enable individual to formulate realistic educational and vocational plans.
- 6) Follows up results of counseling to determine reliability and validity of treatment used.
- 7) May engage in research to develop and improve diagnostic and counseling techniques.
- 8) May administer and score psychological tests.
Is being a "PSYCHOLOGIST, COUNSELING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PSYCHOLOGIST, COUNSELING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PSYCHOLOGIST, COUNSELING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PSYCHOLOGIST, COUNSELING"
Job Number: 8030