Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Provides nursing care to mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or mentally retarded patients in psychiatric hospital or mental health clinic and participates in rehabilitation and treatment programs: Helps patients with their personal hygiene, such as bathing and keeping beds, clothing, and living areas clean.
- 2) Administers oral medications and hypodermic injections, following physician's prescriptions and hospital procedures.
- 3) Takes and records measures of patient's general physical condition, such as pulse, temperature, and respiration, to provide daily information.
- 4) Observes patients to detect behavior patterns and reports observations to medical staff.
- 5) Intervenes to restrain violent or potentially violent or suicidal patients by verbal or physical means as required.
- 6) Leads prescribed individual or group therapy sessions as part of specific therapeutic procedures.
- 7) May complete initial admittance forms for new patients.
- 8) May contact patient's relatives by telephone to arrange family conferences.
- 9) May issue medications from dispensary and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
- 10) May be required to hold state license.
Is being a "PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 8026