Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists patients, working under direction of nursing and medical staff in psychiatric, chemical dependency, or similar setting: Accompanies patients to shower rooms, and assists them in bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- 2) Accompanies patients to and from wards for examination and treatment, administers prescribed medications, measures vital signs, performs routine nursing procedures, such as collecting laboratory specimens, giving enemas and douches, and drawing blood samples, and records information in patients' charts.
- 3) Assists patients in becoming accustomed to hospital routine and encourages them to participate in social and recreational activities to promote rehabilitation.
- 4) Observes patients to ensure that none wanders from ward areas or grounds.
- 5) Feeds patients or attempts to persuade them to eat, and notes and records reasons for rejection of food.
- 6) Observes patients to detect unusual behavior, and aids or restrains them to prevent injury to themselves or others.
- 7) May escort patients off grounds to medical or dental appointments, library, church services, motion pictures, or athletic events.
- 8) May clean rooms, ward furnishings, walls, and floors, using water, detergents, and disinfectants.
- 9) May change bed linens.
- 10) May interview patients upon admission and record data obtained.
- 11) May be designated Ward Supervisor when responsible for patient care and other services of single ward.
Is being a "PSYCHIATRIC AIDE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PSYCHIATRIC AIDE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PSYCHIATRIC AIDE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PSYCHIATRIC AIDE"
Job Number: 8025