Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Explores likely regions to discover valuable mineral deposits, using topographical maps, surveys, reports, and knowledge of geology and mineralogy: Examines outcrops, placer, and stream channels for mineral content.
- 2) Drills, dynamites, or digs trenches or pits along rock formations or creek beds to obtain rock samples.
- 3) Breaks off samples and tests them for presence of minerals with heat, acid, magnifying glass, or by pulverizing and washing or panning.
- 4) Assays samples for preliminary quantitative estimate.
- 5) Collects data on rock formations, using geophysical instruments and devices, such as geiger counters and electronic sounding equipment, and determines feasibility of staking and developing claim.
- 6) Stakes claim according to federal or state legal requirements.
- 7) Develops mineral deposits by means of placer or hard rock mining.
- 8) May sell interests in discovered areas.
Is being a "PROSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PROSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PROSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PROSPECTOR"
Job Number: 8009