Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates portable rotary drilling rig to drill shallow boreholes to obtain samples of earth formations, for placement of explosives in seismic prospecting, or for other tests to discover petroleum: Positions truck-mounted derrick at drilling area specified on field map.
- 2) Starts rig and moves throttles and clutches to raise and lower drilling pipes.
- 3) Counts sections of drill rod to determine depth of borehole.
- 4) Selects coring bit and barrel.
- 5) Withdraws core barrel from hole and extracts core from barrel.
- 6) Records depths at which samples were taken.
- 7) Repairs equipment, using handtools.
Is being a "PROSPECTING DRILLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PROSPECTING DRILLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PROSPECTING DRILLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PROSPECTING DRILLER"
Job Number: 8008