Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Receives, stores, records, and issues money, valuables, and other articles seized as evidence, removed from prisoner, or recovered, lost, or stolen property: Prepares record of articles and valuables received, including description of article, name of owner, name of police officer from whom received, and reason for retention.
- 2) Issues property being retained as evidence to officer at time of trial upon receipt of authorization.
- 3) Telephones owners or mails letters to notify owners to claim property, and releases lost or stolen property to owners upon proof of ownership.
- 4) Returns property to released prisoners.
- 5) Prepares list of articles required by law to be destroyed and destroys narcotics and drugs in presence of official witnesses.
- 6) Sends alcoholic beverages to state liquor commission.
- 7) Lists and sends unclaimed or confiscated money to auditor's office.
- 8) Sends unclaimed and illegal weapons for official destruction.
- 9) Prepares inventory of unclaimed articles for possible sale at auction or donation to charitable organization.
Is being a "PROPERTY CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PROPERTY CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PROPERTY CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PROPERTY CLERK"
Job Number: 8002