Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates and assembles props, miniatures, and sets for motion pictures and theatrical productions from a variety of materials, using handtools and woodworking and metalworking machines and equipment: Analyzes sketches, blueprints, and verbal instructions to determine type props and other materials needed and equipment required.
- 2) Measures and marks cutting lines on material, using work aids, such as jigs and fixtures, micrometers, calipers, and templates.
- 3) Fabricates parts, using machinery, such as drill press, metal and wood lathes, power saws, router, and milling machine.
- 4) Assembles parts into props, miniatures, and sets, using handtools and equipment, such as screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, and welding apparatus.
- 5) Rigs and controls moving or functioning elements of sets that depict action.
Is being a "PROP MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PROP MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PROP MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PROP MAKER"
Job Number: 7999