Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Replaces slugs in set type to correct errors indicated on proofsheet preparatory to printing of final copy: Arranges galleys of linotype slugs in sequence on correction table.
- 2) Compares corrected type slugs against proof to detect errors.
- 3) Compares guide symbols on proof with galley symbol, and reads portion of proof and galley text to locate positions for insertion of corrected slugs.
- 4) Removes incorrect portion and manually inserts corrections.
- 5) Cuts slugs to size to achieve specified fit, using electric saw.
- 6) Keeps tabular material in specified sequence when correcting type line errors or adding new lines.
- 7) Stores proofs in designated drawers and in sequence for specified period and disposes of obsolete proofs.
- 8) Removes unwanted portions of lines from previously published editions, inserts new or corrected lines, and rearranges balance of slugs for next edition.
Is being a "PROOFSHEET CORRECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PROOFSHEET CORRECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PROOFSHEET CORRECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PROOFSHEET CORRECTOR"
Job Number: 7996