Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Reads typescript or proof of type setup to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors, by either of following methods: Places proof and copy side by side on reading board.
- 2) Reads proof against copy, marking by standardized code, errors that appear in proof.
- 3) Returns marked proof for correction and later checks corrected proof against copy.
- 4) Reads and corrects proof while COPY HOLDER reads aloud from original copy or reads proof aloud to COPY HOLDER who calls out discrepancies between proof and copy.
- 5) May measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler.
Is being a "PROOFREADER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PROOFREADER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PROOFREADER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PROOFREADER"
Job Number: 3258